Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Fifty Shades of Grey

I am doing some research for my new blog and have started reading Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James. I heard about this series of books when I was cleaning a room at work that had CBS Morning News on and they just happened to be talking about these books. I was rather enthralled with the idea of the books. I quickly grabbed my Kindle and downloaded all three books.

I just started reading the first book in the series and let me just say, I really didn't want to put it down to write this post. It's just THAT good! Definitely makes me get a little.....hot and bothered....if you know what I mean. ;)

Honestly, I've never been into any of these sexual-romance kind of books. But this books is so much different. The characters are in their 20s. College graduates and a young millionaire who get involved with each other by chance. I've read a few reviews on Goodreads and many of them say the book is terribly written and the story line is just Twilight with chains and wipes. Now, I've never read Twilight, nor do I ever plan to. Twilight is just....eww. I'm not into that sci-fi fiction crap. This book has characters that are much more real.

Anyway, I'm only on chapter 11, but by chapter 8 you will not put this book down. It gets VERY sexual by chapter 8 and really REALLY involved. I must say that this is very interesting stuff for my book and makes for a great escape from my very hectic life here at home.

Tomorrow I will be at work and since the chapters of this book are long, 30 minutes on breaks will not be long enough for me to read all that I want. So I will have to try and read after work tomorrow, if that is even humanly possible. Gotta pray that both kids go down for a nap so mommy can have some "alone" time.

I know that many people are not readers, but really this is a great book to get lost in. I've been doing pretty well with my reading list. Yet, I did leave the book Lolita still unfinished. Mostly for the pure fact that the writing seems much too over my head. And the story line got really boring.

But for the most part, I have read quite a few books so far..atleast I like to think so. I'm rather proud of myself. Usually I give up on books after about 2 months of reading. But luckily I have been able to find something to keep my mind occupied. <-- after reading the hungers games series, I really didn't want to read anymore books for a while. I gave it 3 weeks and then started another book. This time, a paperback. It's always nice to go back to the paperback after reading on a little tablet.

Alright, well I've rambled enough now I think, so I suppose I will let everyone go and get on with their daily lives :)

No comments:

Post a Comment