Saturday, April 21, 2012

In Labor.....3 years ago

My oh my, where has the time gone?? I can not believe that my oldest will be 3 years old tomorrow. I believe at this time, 3 years ago, I was just getting my epidural. Crazy to think back and remember how crazy of a day that it was. I will for sure, post a picture of Colby tomorrow so everyone can see my 3 year old baby :)

We're not doing much for his birthday this year. I will be baking him a cake tonight and then decorating it in the morning. I decided not to go with a Spongebob theme like I have for the past 2 years...I think I'm kind of over it now. I plan to put a toy Mater and Lighting McQueen on his cake. He LOVES the Cars movies, so I thought that would look really cute on there.

I don't know if I had ever said on my blog about Colby getting hearing aids, but we had went to get the molds made and everything. Then about a week later, come to find that the drs decided against him getting the aids because at his last testing he had improved. To be honest, I was rather relieved. That is one less thing that I have to fight with him about. I already knew that he would never keep them in...even tho the people helping us with him think otherwise. (They said the same thing about his glasses too and guess what, he wouldn't keep them on!) When Betty Jo found out about him not getting the aids, I think she was a little upset about it. The drs want to run other tests on him to see what other options he has available to him. A few other people were telling us that they think he needs to get the aids, but I think there is just something else wrong. He can hear, he just needs something else....I'm hoping not meds, but there is something else. He does have a slight delay with his development, but there has to be something else wrong, and it can't just be his hearing.

At this point in time, I really don't want to push for the aids....even tho I was sort of being told that I should. I am just waiting until we talk to the drs again and see what they have in mind for him and what they suggest. The others that we work with are through the school and the are only there at the house for maybe an hour, so they always see him when he's super fussy. I just want other tests ran before I throw a hearing aid on my child. I guess I just have to start speaking up and I know it won't be agreed upon by everyone...I already know that.


Ok, I guess I'm done for now...I have a cake to bake! haha!!

No comments:

Post a Comment