Monday, December 19, 2011

Here Comes Santa Claus..

So today was the day that Betty Jo would be bringing Santa Claus with her to visit the kids. Now, let me tell you, when she asked me if I wanted to have Santa come and visit, I really didn't expect a whole lot. I figured, she would bring Santa, they would stick around for about 15-20 minutes, take come pictures and give the kids a candy cane & maybe 1-2 gifts. You know, just a few little things that every kid would like, not a big deal.

MAN, was I wrong! I was on my way home from the drs when they first got here, but I think they were here for a good 45 minutes. The guy playing Santa was super sweet and played his roll very well. And he didn't just come with 1-2 presents. He came with a whole tub FULL of presents! I couldn't believe it. I think both Colby and William got about 5-7 present each. And there were even a few little presents in there for Ray & I. OH, and then, the BIG gift that we got.....$100 gift card to our local grocery store. I think Ray & I's jaws about hit the floor. I have NEVER felt so blessed. I really was not expecting so much. I honestly wanted to cry. I'm really glad that BOTH my boys will have gifts to open on Christmas morning.

Drs Visit

So, before Santa came, I was in Holdrege at the drs with William. I'm a little unsure why she wanted to see him a second time, but I think she just wanted to make sure he wasn't still yellowish-orange. (he was a little jaundice, but nothing terrible). He checked out really well! Last week Thursday he was 7lbs 5oz and today he was 7lbs 12oz! He gained a whole 7oz in 4 days! Mama's little piggy boy :). She said everything with him checked out great and he wasn't as jaundice as he was before, so we don't go back for an entire month.

So glad that my little man is growing and gaining weight. But sad that he is already 9 days old. Today was my due date! I was sooo worried that he wouldn't be here yet. But, mommy got her Christmas gift early this year!!:) hehehe.

This week should be a pretty good one. Wednesday is the Secret Santa pot luck at work....well, it's actually a staff party with out Secret Santa gifts being exchanged. I was a little unsure of what I should bring to this since it askes that everyone bring a side dish, but I'm thinking that I will just bake a cake tomorrow and call it good. Me and William will be attending this party. Everyone just wants to see my little peanut....I don't blame them :).

Pregnancy Brain

I find it really funny that even tho I'm not pregnant any more, I still have been very very VERY forgetful. I feel terrible about it because I have just been so off my mark with the planning and organizing things that it's starting to drive me nuts. Also, on Wednesday, I have to take my car up to get it fixed...or atleast to see what the hell is wrong with it. I am a little pissed off about it because then I am stuck with Ray's truck..unless they give me a loaner car for the day or whatever. Which I doubt. All I want is for my car to get fixed. I will be soooooo pissed off if it's something majorly wrong. We may just have to go car shopping a little early this year. --which I would not be upset about at all :)--

Now, what kind of car will we get.....don't know for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment