Sunday, December 18, 2011

Sad Day In Packer Land

My Packers have offically lost for the first time this season....ugh. 14-19 to the KC Chiefs....sad day I tell you. But I won't be sad for long. Next week is a new game and we're on home turf! Packer Pride baby!

Being A Mom

It's super crazy to think that I am 26 years old and the mother of 2. Both of my boys, thus far, have been super easy kids. Colby is still adjusting to not having mommy jump up and do everything he wants me to do, right when he wants me to do it. ex. - having mommy put in his favorite movie when she is pumping or nursing baby. BUT he has adjusted really well to hearing baby cry and taking time away from him.

William is a SUPER easy baby. Atleast so far. He is up about every 2 -4 hours at night to feed and be changed, but since he is breastfed, this doesn't surprise me at all. My supply has been doing pretty well. My mother bought me a single pump and that has REALLY helped me get a freezer stash built up. I think that was a big problem that I had when I was breastfeeding Colby. I only had my manuel hand pump to use and after about 10 minutes, my arm would be killing me, so I basically got frustrated and gave up. This time, I am determined for it to be different. I want to make it work out, I don't want to give up. I only last about 5-6 weeks with Colby. I'm hoping to make it longer then this with William.

Parents Are Frustrating

So, while I am on the topic of breastfeeding, I have noticed that my mother has been very...I guess not very positive about my breastfeeding. I keep telling her I want to do it for as long as possible....or until Will gets teeth. Then rely on my freezer stash. Well, she keeps telling me that I should probably quit after about 3-4 months. Why?......no clue really. But either way, it's really discouraging to hear her talk like that. I will breastfeed for as long as my body will let me. And I don't see why that is an issue?

William has been a pretty good eater thus far. With Colby he seemed to gain weight really slowly. Will was 7lbs 11oz at birth and was 7lbs 5oz when we were discharged. He was 7lbs 5oz at his apointment on Thursday so that is a good note! I'm really hoping that he continues to gain weight and puts it on a little faster then what Colby did. I don't want him to be a "big" baby, but to atleast gain some weight. I get so annoyed with the whole "he's soo tiny" crap....got more then enough of it with Colby.

Isn't he just the cutest?? :) Anyway, off to pump and possibly end up changing a poopy diaper.

btw - I have YET to get peed on! My mother actually got peed on just the other day...well, the wall did anyway. Thanks Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment