Friday, November 11, 2011

11-11-11


Veteran's Day. This is one of those days that makes me want to cry. Just simply for the reason that my grandpa is not with us anymore and my dad served in Vietnam.

I'm also rather annoyed with my eldest brother. Of all days to remember to call our dad, and you don't do it? Simply because you don't feel you need to??

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!

What kind of son are you?? Oh yea, probably the kind that will show up at the funeral and wait for the reading of the will just to see how much money you will be getting. I swear to Buddha, this really does piss me off. A Vietnam Veteran is what my dad is. It's apart of him. It's affected his entire life. And his own flesh and blood can't respect his own father enough to give him a call and say "Hey Dad, Happy Veteran's Day!" Really?! You can sit your ass on the computer and play farmville but not make a simple phone call?? You are NO brother of mine.

Now that that's off my chest...

Today was just another crazy ass, weird Friday. Apparently at our drs appointment yesterday, we forgot to get Colby's bloodwork done, so after work I had to run him back to Holdrege and get his blood drawn. Not something I wanted to do, but had to be done. We have to be at the hospital by 7:30am the day of his surgery. So it will definately be a loong day.

Anyway, I'm still really worked up about this whole Veteran's Day phone call thing. It erks me off sooooo damn bad... but I will never forget what my father did for this nation. And grandpa, RIP. I love you and miss you and honor you.

No comments:

Post a Comment