Friday, November 4, 2011

Another LOOONG Weekend Ahead

This should be a happy time. It's Friday, it's weekend time! BUT...I really don't have a weekend. I still have 3 more days of work before I get 3 days off. Also, today was our activities directors last day, and I will really miss her. We didn't really talk that much for the whole year that I have been there, but I can't picture working a day there without her! I'm not too fond of our new AD so far. She seems a little too stuck up for my liking, but our retired AD told me to keep her updated on our baby boy! So hopefully she will show up randomly during the Christmas party.

As for work itself, I wanted to die. I seriously felt like I got NOTHING accomplished today, at all. I mean, we had so much extra crap that took away from our "normal job duties" that I think we ended up leaving some rooms untouched....icky.

Tomorrow, I am in laundry, and I'm NOT excited for it. I would rather stay home and watch my Husker game, but if I'm lucky, I will have gotten enough done to leave by 2:30. But I may just stay until 3:30 so I can get more done. Just depends on how I'm feeling.

So, I have decided that I want to get back into some reading. I finished The Help not too long ago, and just fell in love with the story. I now am on the lookout for a good book to read. I have decided that I don't really want to buy another book to read, as I have plenty of books around this house that need to get read.

I was considering reading The Time Travelers Wife, but for whatever reason, I just can't get myself to want to start it. So, yet again, I am putting off this book and onto the next. I've come to the conclusion that I have put off my Nicholas Sparks books long enough and want to get back into reading them. The first book that I ever read by him was The Last Song. When reading it, I had no clue that this was the same author who also wrote The Notebook, Dear John and A Walk To Remember. But I fell in LOVE with the book and became hooked on his good but sappy love stories. I stopped reading his books when I tried to read The Notebook. Now, I loved the movie, but def have to be in the right mind set to watch it. So, I decided to take a break from NS to explore other authors. Now, I am ready to get back into it. I will be reading At First Sight. It has stuff to do with family and being a parent, so I'm interested. I will more then likely be buying a few more books this winter to have around for when I have the time again to read.

--If anyone has any great books that I may want to read, please let me know!!--

Hmm, not too much else really. I don't go back to the doctors until the 10th and I'm really hoping I get checked. I actually want to see where baby is at and if there is any progress down there...which I doubt that there is.

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite books is called These Is My Words, soooo good, I've read it a few times. I also love Memoirs of a Geisha!

    ReplyDelete