Wednesday, November 9, 2011

No More Blonde

Last night while shopping I decided to pick up a cheap box of hair dye. I love having my hair blonde, but I can't stand it once it's grown out. So I bought a box of light brown and went ahead this morning to dye my hair. Now, I will tell you, I've never dyed my hair by myself. I have attempted to, but ended up needing the help of my mother. And any other time I've bought the dyed and did it at home, I had help from friends. But this time I decided that my hair is probably short enough that I could manage to do this on my own.

34 weeks 2 days
I decided that I would take a belly pic while I was dying my hair. I don't have any stretch marks so showing off my bare belly doesn't really bother me that much.

Anyway, I told Ray that he may need to help me while I'm dying my hair because the thought of having my hair look crappy because I missed spots scares me. BUT I managed to get my hair dyed with no help from Ray or anyone else, and I think that it turned out really nice! I didn't take a picture of my hair before or after but that's ok. Atleast it will look nice for the holidays and for when baby gets here. I did find it rather funny tho that Ray made a comment that I seem to dye my hair more when I am pregnant then I do any other time. Well, I suppose that is somewhat true, but after getting blonde in my hair, I knew I'd had to get it done again anyway. Also, my hair is short enough now that I can manage it myself.

I should take a picture of how I look today. I threw on my new top and some leggings and even threw on heels earlier and I think I looked really good. I was actually told that my belly looks on the small side....I'm unsure if I really agree or not. I think I'm pretty big or atleast right on track.

Along with the box of hair dye, I also managed to make my way over to the wine section at Target. hehehe. I've never been a big wine person, but I'm trying to get a little more knowledge of my wine. SOOOOO....I decided to pick up a bottle to try out during Thanksgiving dinner. I saw this little baby on the shelf and thought the bottle was rather appealing, so I picked it up. It's called Sofia. I even went as far as to pick up a few wine glasses. Walmart had a set of 4 for $5 and I couldn't pass that up. I want Thanksgiving dinner to be nice this year. I also want some wine glasses so I could share with friends when they are over.

Anyway, sorry to those who are reading this and freaking out that I am even considering drinking a glass of wine while pregnant. I've already had one glass so far this pregnancy and I think half a glass will be alright.

Next week we will be in Lincoln for Colby's eye surgery and I'm starting to get nervous...I've managed to put it out of my mind for now, but tomorrow we take him to get a physical and I'm just scared all over again. Just gotta keep telling myself that everything will be fine.

1 comment:

  1. I used to be blonde too, but it is so much work, and so expensive! If you use a box dye again, I really like the John Freida foam color, it is really easy to apply!

    Enjoy your wine, and I'll be thinking about you and Colby, but I'm sure everything will be just perfect!

    ReplyDelete