Saturday, October 15, 2011

I can blog again!!

OOOOHHH my goodness. So the computer has been acting out and we haven't been able to get on the net AT ALL. This have been driving me crazy! I just wanted to blog, but couldn't. So, here is what I did manage to write while I was internetless.

10/8
So, today, I should be cleaning, but instead I am sitting on the couch watching tv. Oh well. I stopped down at the grocery store to get some stuff to make crock pot chicken chili. Excited! It is now in the pot as we speak and it is on low. I'm hoping by 5:30-6 o'clock it will be heated through. Anyway. After the store, I stopped over at the thrift store just to see if there was anything worth while. Well, I did find a sit and spin for colby and also found a cute winter footie sleeper that is perfect for bringing little Will home in! I do, however need to start looking for some clothes that are a little bigger...in the 3-6 month range. They did have a few down there, so def will have to stop in on wednesday and pick some up.
Tonight is the Husker game. YEY! We play Ohio State...let's hope we can get back on our feet and kick some ass. I really don't want to deal with another loss. But we will just have to see.

10/10
I think I've come to the realization that I really am NOT ready for this baby. I have totally been putting so much stuff off and just haven't gotten the nerve to tell Ray that I need him to help me kick it into gear that I've just been doing tiny freak outs while he's at work. I def can't wait for my mother to come down and help me sit and go through some of my stuff.
Lately, I've been watching this show called Awkward on MTV. It's actually pretty good to say the least. I guess it's just funny because sometimes I wish that I would have blogged when I was in high school. We didn't really have facebook or myspace until I got to college. First of course was Myspace. Then one of my guy friends had facebook but you had to have an account through your school to access it and that totally sucked. It's funny how now anyone can get on facebook. I'm pretty sure Facebook and Twitter are the only 2 things that we will need for a while. I know that Google now has their whole social network site, but I haven't gotten to that yet. Youtube is also a great way to get stuff out there.
Anyhow, there really isn't too much else going on. Tonight my show The Lying Game is on, and that should be good.
Then I gotta watch the Lions vs Bears game. I've never been so much into football in my entire life.
Speaking of football, BOTH of my teams kicked some major ass this weekend! My Huskers pulled a win out of their ass and my Packers pulled it out also.
In the words of Awkward - Do you think things happen to us by chance or by choice? Do you believe in fate? - I've actually been wondering these words myself lately. I do strongly believe that everything happens for a reason, whether we want to hear it or not. Some things happen that is out of our control and mother nature is a major bitch most of the time. There is this picture that hangs on the wall of the bathroom at work, and I always find myself reading it and just saying, WOW, that is perfect. That is the way to look at life. It's supposed to be "God" related, but I really don't think it has much to do with God as it does with just the way you should live your life. It's titled Desiderata.

DESIDERATA

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.
As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.
If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
Exercise caution in your business affairs; for the world is full of trickery.
But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high for high ideals; and everywhere life is full of heroism.
Be yourself. Especially, do not feign affection.
 Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is as perennial as the grass.
Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.
You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clearn to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.
Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.

10/11
So, now that our internet is NOT working, I'm stuck to writing on notepad. Oh well. I can still order many of the things that I need from my phone, such as Colby's costume. I'm a little mad because the costume I was going to order him is no longer available...GRRR. Now he will be a dinosaur. I can atleast order the costume off walmart.com from my phone.
Later..
Alright, so I couldn't get ANYTHING to work for ordering so I got onto ebay and found a cute costume. I'm PRAYING that it fits! It's a 2T dragon costume. I'm really hoping that it does fit because it's a full outfit that cover
his whole body. With my little man being so little, I'm thinking it should be ok. I payed 19.99 for it then with shipping around $30 all together...let's hope it gets here in time!!
I'm still so worried about getting everything else that we need for baby. I'm getting really mad that I don't have my money from work yet. Should be around $900 all together and that will be great! I'm debating on if I want to take the money and just go to the store, OR if I want to just order online. I think a few things I will just order online so then I know I'll get what I want.
Otherwise, I'm really mad that my mother called me last night and all of a sudden they want to change the date of my diaper party...ugh. Nothing I can really do about it because I'm not the one throwing it. I guess if I was throwing it I would just throw it anyway. GRRRRRRRRRR........Oh well, just be greatful I guess.
That night...
Alright, so I called my mom to tell her that I wanted to take Colby to get a pumpkin next week when I'm home and she comes back at me with all this crap that my aunt is freaking out because a good chunk of the guests won't be able to make it to my party on Sunday (which is why I said let's do it Saturday). I almost just want to say forget about it OR let's just go to the bar and have it. I don't really care too much anymore. I don't even wanna have it.
I would much rather everyone just go out to eat somewhere. Let's all go to York and eat at Applebees or something.
I just wanna tell mom to tell people if they want to give a gift just send it to me. I don't know. I've decided to just not stress over it and maybe we should just do a meet the baby party or something. But we wouldn't be doing that until around January or February. Might just plan that one myself. Wait until around the 3rd week of January and invite family and see if they wanna come or not. OR maybe just do a superbowl party for people to come and meet baby William. It may just be like an open house or something at moms house that we may just do. I don't know.

10/12
Today was just a long day at work. Glad to say that I will be home for the next 4 days :) yey! LOVE IT!!

10/13
So, I talked to Jenn and she leaves next Saturday :( I'm soooo sad! I'm glad that she is trying something new and getting out of state, but I'm def gonna miss her. I mean, who wants their best friend to move away?? But since I'll be home next week I plan to stop up there and pick up that treadmill and hang out with her for a while.
Besides that, I got bored the other night on the bump and asked the question What TV parents do you want to be most like?? Or most resemble? I def think Ray and I are a mix between Red and Kitty from That 70s Show and Tim and Jill from Home Improvement. I think I'm a little more like Red with my attitude then Ray is, but that's ok. I do think the way Tim and Jill parent are more like us tho. Esp if we have another baby and it happens to be a boy. haha that would be crazy!
I really want us to be the parents that our kids love to have. I know I can be a hardass but that's just me. And I know that Colby and Will will bring home friends all the time. My parents actually were that way. My friends and brothers friends loved my parents...well, they love my mom. She's one to spoil everyone's kids. So I do hope to be a lot liker her...even if I don't want her to know that. haha. I'm worried tho that Ray will be too loose with his parenting of the boys. I don't know tho.
Anyway, I made it down to the thrift store today and was able to find a popcorn popper for $2. BUT it's store wide clearance so everything is half price. I only paid a dollar for it. YEY!! Also found a pair of pants for William and then a casserole dish and a pie plate. You can never have enough bake ware stuff. I always am looking for great deals on stuff like that.Tomorrow we have WIC at 10:30 so that will def help out a lot around here with food. I need to find my paystub and all that crap too.
OK, so I made food for me and Colby and he fell asleep before I could get it out of the oven...grrr. Now I know he's gonna wake up at around 11 or so and be hungry...grrr. Good thing he loves peanut butter sandwiches. Other then that, I guess this weekend I will be staying home. I have no money to put gas in my car right now...well I have about 30 dollars to put in there, but that is it. I won't be putting it in there until Tuesday. Ray will have to throw 10 bucks in it since we have to go to Holdrege for the drs. Or I could just cash in my change and have a little extra money to fill fill it. OH MAN....this weekend the Packers play the Lions!! OOOOHHHH MAN!! I can't WAIT to watch this game. I'm a massive Packers fan and I'm not a Lions fan, BUT they do have Suh (who is the man!) so it should be a good game. Can't wait!!I'm starting to struggle with things to talk about lately...I just wish I could get my internet working again so I could BLOG!! grrr...good thing I can atleast save it on here. Gonna see if Ray will let me take it to Seward and hook it up to my parents internet and use the computer....we'll see..he's picky about this crap.

10/14
Today has been really slow. Nothing really to talk much about, other then I did get the ok from Ray to take his computer to my parents house to see if I can get it to work.

10/15
So today I must have got bitten by the nesting bug because I have been cleaning the house and getting crap done today. I even had Ray help me put the leaf in the table. I wanted to have it done before Thanksgiving when my parents would be here. I also will have to start looking into what foods I will need to start buying. Here is a list that I started.

Turkey
Stuffing
Green Beans
french fried onions
mashed potatoes
cresent rolls
cinnomon rolls
pickles
olives
baby carrots
celery
cauliflower
apple cidar
cheesecake mix
apple filling
caramel topping
pecans
pumpkin pie
cool-whip topping
ranch dip
gravy

For now I think that is it. I'm still really unsure what else I would need. Either way, that is a MASSIVE list. Should really look into Christmas stuff too. I think for Christmas we'll just do..

Ham
Cheesy potatoes
Corn on the cob
or green bean casserole
bisquits
cheesecake

No comments:

Post a Comment