Thursday, October 27, 2011

Thanks Neti Pot!

Thank goodness for the person who invented this! I've heard of the Neti Pot before, but never really got what it does. Then saw a girl from the Real World using it a year or 2 ago and was like..OMG, that is creepy!!

But since becoming pregnant, I really have no other options then to just try this little puppy out. And I will tell you, I'm not a swimmer. I don't go underwater. --some stupid childhood fear and I won't do it-- So the idea of pouring water INTO my nose is rather terrifying.

So on my trip to Kearney Tuesday I made the stop at Walgreens and picked this little thing up. I was rather surprised by the price as it was $15. They did have other versions that were a few dollars cheaper but I found an original with a Save $3 coupon on it. So in the end, I would have paid the same for the off brand as I did for the original. (Great deal if you ask me!)

Anyway, when I got it home, I took the thing out and just examined it and read the instructions and what have you. I didn't use it right away, but the next day I couldn't breath, so I decided to try the sucker out last night. Now, I didn't really know what to expect, I mean, you're pouring water into your nose! I even went onto facebook to ask for some advice on how to use it, didn't really get much help but went ahead and tried it out.

OH MAN! I was really surprised that this didn't feel as weird as I had thought. I think because I was so stuffed up. But once you take the pot away from your nose, you have to keep your head tilted to get the rest of the solution out, then when I touch my nostral, my god, there were boogers! LOTS of boogers. Why I didn't anticipate them, I don't know. But holy hell! I got quite a bit out! Then did the other side and got even more out! I couldn't believe it!

In the end, I could breath the entire night! No problems at all! YEY!! Unfortunately this morning I'm a little stuffy, so I'll definately be doing it again today and then tonight. I really want to get rid of all this crap!

So for anyone who wants to try it, I'll tell ya from one who was scared, it works great!! 4 out of 5 stars! (Only 4 because the boogers are gross and you do have to use it regularly I think)

No comments:

Post a Comment