Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Just Crappy News

Today has just been full of news that is not what I want to hear. Ray took Colby to the eye doctor again to check the progress of his eyes. He's been wearing glasses (well, been TRYING to wear glasses) to correct his eyes. The left eye turns inward just a little (about 30% the dr says) and the glasses are to help strengthen them. Well, I guess the dr decided that he didn't want to wait another 3 months to see if the glasses will correct his eyes since they haven't gotten worse, but haven't gotten better either. So tomorrow we call them to make an apointment to have corrective surgery. I'm honestly so scared for Colby. I know it's not massive surgery or anything like that, but its still surgery. And that scares me.

I called my mom as soon as I got home. When she called me back she told me just to keep her updated on the date of the surgery because we would have to go to Lincoln which is 3 hours away and she wants to be there. She then proceeds to tell me that we won't be doing family pictures after all because my dad has some form of skin cancer on his face. He basically has to have some kind of chemical placed on his face to kill the cancer cells. So his face will not be picture ready. Another thing I didn't want to hear today, but hopefully he can get it cleared up and it doesn't spread. My dad has a really bad habit of making people feel sorry for him and being negative when he needs to be positive. I don't know how he would handle full blown cancer.

Anyway, nothing too much else to report on today. I did run to Target yesterday and pick up a pair of leggings for $5. --can't pass up a deal like that-- also got some breast milk storage bags and a few things for my hospital bag. Then I stopped at Walgreens and picked up a netipot. Which I am honestly scared shitless about using. But will be using tonight...hopefully.

Alright...I think that's it for now!

1 comment: