Sunday, January 22, 2012

6 week accomplishments

Today, I am a very proud mama! William is starting to hold his head up sooo good now! He also, when placed on his stomach, is rolling from stomach to back. I couldn't put him on his stomach without him rolling over. Soo proud of my baby chunky monkey!

Not too much else has really gone on tho. He does like to stare at himself in the mirror. And he is soo close to giving me a big old smile! It's great. But I know Colby didn't give me a real social smile until I believe he was.....almost 3 months I think?? I can't remember. I'd have to look it up in his baby book...

---checking baby book---

It says 7 weeks, but I know he was maybe 2-3 months old when I got that first real smile. Where I was changing him, we locked eyes and he gave me a BIG smile. I just remember wanting to cry because my little man saw my face and smiled at me. It was sooo heart warming.


Football Sunday
Well, even tho my Packers are out of the playoffs, I'm still going to be watching to see who makes it to the super bowl. Ray & I will be cheering on the Ravens and the 49ers. I know the kicker from the Ravens so it would be cool to see him in the super bowl.

The top picks right now are the Giants and Patriots. My brother is cheerin' for the Pats...stupid. If the case ends up being these 2 teams, I will be cheering for the Giants, all the way! But lets see what happens.


Water For Elephants
So, I left the movies The Help & Water For Elephants at my moms house. She wanted to watch both movies since she was told BOTH are just fantastic and of course, she has NOT read either of the books. --I will say right now, both books are excellent reads!-- She finally watched both movies and said that both are pretty great.

I will say tho, before I watched the movie, I had sooo many people tell me that it was a "good movie", but the animal abuse in it just makes them hate it. Ummm, hello? The movie is based on a 1930s traveling circus. They didn't have the kind of animal protection laws like they do now. So my reaction to that is, if the movie made you uncomfortable, then the actors did they're job. It is a little different from reading about the abuse and then actually seeing it on the big screen. But it was done soo well.


Fried Chicken
Alright, so....I have been truely determined to make some really good fried chicken. (watching The Help doesn't help that craving either) I'm going to buy the skillet that I want to use and take it from there. I've tried doing it before, but I didn't get it cooked all the way through....grrr. I'll get it down and make some of the BEST fried chicken. hehehe...now I'm starving!

If anyone has any recipes for some really good fried chicken that they would like to share, please leave me a message and a link to the recipe!


Valentine's Day
January is almost over and of course we now have our next big "holiday" which is....Valentine's Day. Even tho, I am a pretty big romantic, I'm not a big fan of Valentine's Day....why you may ask? To me it just seems like a pointless holiday that gives loved ones a certain day to tell their spouse that they love them....but I always ask, why does it have to be on a certain day?? Why can't they show their love on a random day of the year???

Ugh...I'm the scrooge of Valentine's...

No comments:

Post a Comment