Saturday, January 21, 2012

It's Not A Van

Last night, I was going through Colby's baby book. I was curious to see how much he weighed when he was 6 weeks old...lik William is now. So as I was browsing through it, I noticed that Colby was 10lbs 1oz when he was 8 weeks old. I weighed Will last night and he weighed 10lbs 4oz. WOW!! Big baby!! :) Actually, that's not THAT big, but he's definately gaining weight a little faster then what Colby did. At least thus far. I'll just have to wait and see how much Will weighs in 2 weeks.


It's Not A Van
So yesterday, Ray and I went out to his mothers for lunch. She said there was a gift out there for us from her brother so we needed to go out anyway. Being out there was fine, Ray showed his mom his new trailblazer and what not. Well, when Ray and I were in the car getting ready to leave, I asked him,

"So what did your mom think of the blazer?"

"She thought it was a van"

--silence--

"She what?!" **I start to laugh**

"She thought it was a van. When she tried to open the back doors, she was trying to slide them"

**my laughter continues**

Ok, Ray's mother definately is not the brightest bulb in the bunch, but really? You thought our Chevy Trailblazer was a VAN?! ......all I can think is, how do you mistake this thing for a van?! The back passenger doors look identical to the front ones. It doesn't have a third back seat....the woman has completely lost it I think. This really takes the cake.


Wishful Thinking
I've been wanting to get a new computer for a while now. I've had this Gateway laptop for a good while now...about 6-7 years to be exact. I know it's VERY outdated. So now I'm wanting a new one. BUT I'm highly considering getting a MacBook. Now for those who are up to date on the prices of these things, MacBooks are REALLY expensive. And when I say expensive, I mean starting price is $999.99. They are for sure worth the price, but I really don't want to spend that much money on something right now. SOOOO I'm considering just going to the store and picking up an hp computer. Idk...it'd have everything that I want, but it's not a Mac.

I'm also considering a new camera. I've been wanting a Nikon forever now! I think I'll wait until April to make that purchase, but for now I think I will continue to browse. I'd like to get some of my artistic photos up on the walls. We don't have many pictures of the kids up, so that's something I want to change.


Books Books Books
Since knowing that I will be getting a nice chunk of money, I've been looking on ebay and wanting to get a few of the books that I know I haven't been able to buy for a while.

OH speaking of books, I am determined to start reading more this year like I was last year. So I will be making a page of all the books that I am reading. When I start them and when I finish them. I don't read that fast, but it's better then what I used to. So I will be working on this today!

No comments:

Post a Comment