Thursday, January 12, 2012

Family Filled Weekend

Tomorrow I will be taking the boys back to Seward to see my parents and a bunch of family members. Now I knew that I would be going to my cousins baby shower, but had no idea that I would be going to a cousin's husbands birthday party at their house.

I'm not too thrilled that I have to drive 2 1/2 hours with both boys, then within the next 2 hours, have to show up at a party just to eat greasy pizza and force myself to be social. I love all my family, I really do. But lately, with the way so many of them have been acting and treating me during my pregnancy and about my "baby shower" has really irked me to the point of not wanting to claim any of them. Maybe by tomorrow I will feel differently. I just hate when people talk shit about me when it's usually over something sooo stupid. (I'm pretty sure I've complained about this before)


Complications with Colby
So yesterday we had Betty Jo come to house to see Colby. (If I haven't explained already, she's a lady that works with the school and comes to the house to help with us with Colby---talking, interacting, etc) While she was here, I honestly felt.....almost imbarrassed with how much Colby has gone backwords with his progression. He has improved a lot since we started seeing her 6 months ago, but yesterday he just seemed to have gone 2 steps back. He wasn't listening, he was throwing massive fits over silly things, was running circles and just wasn't interacting with her as much as he was before.

Granted he hasn't seen her for about 3 weeks, you would think he wouldn't act out so much. Betty Jo thinks it's because of the baby. He's trying to catch our attention by acting like he's the baby. I understand that, but it's still really frustrating. And to be honest, after she left yesterday, I just wanted to cry. I really feel like all the work that we have been doing with and for him has been for nothing, and that we're just not getting anywhere anymore. Seeing him regress yesterday just makes me feel like a failure as a parent. I feel like I'm the only parent that has a child who just WON'T talk. No matter how much we encourage him to talk, we can't force him to. If he doesn't want to talk, then he won't. It worries me for when he goes to school. I don't want my son to be made fun of, and come home crying because he doesn't understand. I also don't want him to be set back in school.

UUUGGGGHHHH.....it's just sooo much to take it, I don't know how I'm going to feel if William starts talking before Colby does. I also worry about William. What if we have the same problem with him that we do with Colby? What if neither of my boys start talking? I know, I know...I shouldn't even worry about this stuff, but I can't help thinking that I've failed as a parent.

Tomorrow we have Sue coming to do a check in with us, and I'm guessing to schedule our 6 month check-in with the team. I may have to ask her if she can find another workshop for parents of children with hearing issues. I just feel like we are soo alone with this issue. I do have a friend that has a son with autism, which stunted his speech. But he's improved soo much since I've first met him and they used the same people that we do.

Anyway, sorry for the sob story. Just really frustrated about yesterday and also really frustrated about this weekend. Might just be a super fast weekend which I guess I wouldn't mind.

Just a cute pic of William

my Packer fan!


**by the way, does anyone know if the banks are closed on Marten Luther King Day??

No comments:

Post a Comment