Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Potty Training has begun

This morning while I was in the bathroom, Colby had gotten up outta bed and came and found me in there. I took off his diaper to see if he would sit on his potty at all for me. Well, first thing he did was go and sit on his potty. He sat there for a good 3 minutes. When I was done I went and grabbed him a new diaper. When I got back, he was peeing in the potty!! :) I almost starting laughing because he was making a very serious face when he was going. But he did pee in the potty! I am soooo proud of my little man! He has used the potty before, but its been months since he last used it. I'm hoping maybe we can get a routine down to where he uses it all the time. Need to make a big old potty chart to keep track of it.

Hmm, let's see....... there really isn't too much else going on today. I do need to go into work today and try and get my one inservice done on the computer. I had ALL of them done, but then we get thrown another one just randomly....ugh.

Besides that, I'm thinking I need to start working on a list of stuff I want to get everyone for Christmas this year. I'm going to get my little man his wagon that I promised he'd get for his 2nd birthday and for whatever reason, it didn't pan out. May just give everyone else gift cards or whatever. I guess I'm just not too sure what everyone really wants....and also, I have soo much stuff that I NEED to get myself to have for baby that I don't know how much money will be left over to get any gifts. I don't know.

Speaking of holidays, I'm still looking for a costume for Colby. I don't want to spend a butt load of money, but I don't want to be cheap either....I don't know. Def need to start looking again. Not too sure what I'll be either. Considering being an angel and then letting Ray & Colby be little devils or something. OR we just all go as smurfs with blue sweat shirts and white sweat pants. Then I guess we could wear white stocking caps too. Hmm..that may just be what we do.

Next holiday after that is Thanksgiving. OOOOHHHH MAN....I've been telling my mother that her & dad are more then welcome to come out to out place for Thanksgiving, mostly because we don't want to be out traveling, but of course mother ALWAYS says, "Well Nyla, we'll just have to see how the weather is"...umm what? The weather for that day is usually pretty decent. Why don't you just say you don't want to come out? I figure they can come out Wednesday night and stay in a hotel (I would gladly let them stay at our house, but we seriously have NO room) and then come over in the morning Thursday and mom and I would make lunch and we'd just spend the day here watching tv and whatever. Then I figured her and I could get up early on Friday and go shopping...I know that idea probably won't fly with her, but hell, why not just come with me and have a good time? I don't stay out shopping for very long anyway. I told my dad this idea and of course, he's completely on board with it. Just have to keep pressing my mother about the whole thing and see what she says.

Then sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas, we should have a newborn! So as you would assume, we're not going anywhere for Christmas. I have also offered for my parents to come out on Christmas if they wanted. Of course my mother throws the whole "weather" thing at me again, but hell you know. I ask that they come and see us atleast. Hoping weather isn't too awful by then so they can atleast be here while I'm in the hospital with baby.

Ok, speaking of baby...I will admit that I am a little nervous about announcing his name to my mothers side of the family. Our baby's name will be William Douglas. William after my grandfather and Douglas after my uncle. Both have passed from cancer. I have already told most of my dad's side the name and they absolutely love it, and are really happy that I'm honoring grandpa Bill by using his first name. I'm really nervous about telling my moms family as Douglas was their little brothers name and he passed from cancer not too long ago. I want to honor him because he ment something to ME. But I also know that many of my family members would not be comfortable with me using his name (even as a middle name). For whatever reason I can see my one aunt having a problem with it because I'm sure she wants HER son & daughter-inlaw (who don't want kids yet) to honor their first son with that name. UGH....I already know if there is a problem with me using the name, I WILL stand firm on using it. It holds meaning to me and I don't give a damn what anyone thinks. The only reason that I'm rather positive that there will be some "discussion" about me using the name is because my mother told me I should probably "ask" my aunt (who was married to my uncle) if she was alright with me using the name. I've considered asking her for her opinion on it, but I don't think I should have to ask or get "permission" to use a name if I really want to use it. Maybe I'm just jumping to conclusions, but I KNOW this family. Even if they say that they like it, there will be talk about it later.

Anyway, I'm done talking about it. Think I'm going to go make some coffee and enjoy my last day off until tomorrow when I go back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment