Saturday, September 10, 2011

Weekend....Thus Far

Well, my beloved Packers pulled it out and won their game!! yey! Very excited about that. I did miss the first half of the game due to the funeral, but that is ok.

Speaking of the funeral, that went over really well. A lot more people showed up then what I had anticipated. I ended up sitting in the back of the church during the service, mostly because Colby was sleeping and I knew being closer would be a much longer walk for me to take him out...or for me to get to the rest room. As for the rest of the day, I had to deal with a few family members that I don't care for....well, I guess I should be honest, it's just ONE family member that I don't care for. I'm pretty sure she either doesn't care for me also, OR she considers herself "better" then me. We just choose not to speak to one another. Which I suppose is odd because we are only 20 day apart in age and you would think we would be rather close as friends. Oh well.

Besides that, everything else went really well. I tried so hard not to cry during the funeral, but then of course, the very last song, which was the same song we played at my grandma's funeral (who was the sister of my great aunt) was played and the lines "Thine the glory in the night, no more dying only light..." plays and I just lose it. (hell, I'm starting to cry now). I can make it through that entire song until that line starts, then it's all water works from there. And I will remind you, I am FAR from religious (hell, I haven't been in church for a good 3 or 4 years now...other then weddings & funerals) but those certain songs just hit me hard when they are played and I just can't help but cry. It also could be due to pregnancy too.

Speaking of crying. I was watching the Today show this morning and when they went to commercial, they played this State Farm commercial that just brought me to tears. It was of school children singing the song Empire State of Mind and they sang it to the fire fighters...OMG! Talk about water works. I couldn't get over how sweet and kind-hearted that that was. Even tho I don't know anyone personally that died that day, it for whatever reason hits me hard. When I get home I will have to find the commercial on youtube and post it here for you to see. But that commercial was soo sweet!

As for today, my parents are out of town doing a small festival out in Hastings. I WAS super excited about it as I would have the house all to myself and I could spend the whole day with my little man getting ready for the football game. WELL....my brother called yesterday to ask my parents if they could watch my nephew, because they got tickets to the game. Guess who got volenteered to watch the little brat..........ME. Needless to say, I am less then thrilled about it. For one, he's not WELL potty trained yet. I'm HOPING that he will not come here and crap his pants completely because I don't think my stomach can tolerate those kinds of smells. I'm also hoping he's not extra whiney and starts begging for candy. Grandma has no candy in the house (because I ate it all, hehe) and I sure as hell will NOT go out to fetch more. I honestly feel a little bad for this child. He's going to have REALLY bad teeth with all the candy that he eats and all the milk that he HAS to have right before bed time. Glad it's not MY child. Don't get me wrong, I do love him, he just drives me nuts. My mom...well the whole family keeps saying "just wait until you have 2.." yea yea, I know.

Anyway, not too much else going on. I need to get going as I am wanting to get uptown and buy a few things before the game tonight...and before the little monster gets here.

GO HUSKERS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment